The Law Offices of

Michael R. Harlin

Attorney at Law

Assisting you with Family Law

Ask me a legal question about divorce!

On this page you merely need to complete the questionnaire below, type in a 100 to 200 word description of your family law problem and then ask a question--but only one question please. At the end of the page, click-on "send" and your question, text and questionnaire will be sent to me by e-mail.

As soon as I can, (bear in mind I am a busy trial attorney and I too need some private time), I will e-mail to you an answer to your one question. I will not answer questions about any other area of law such as criminal law, etc; only family law questions please. There is no charge for this service.

If your question is too complicated to be answered on the Internet, (eg., your question requires that I first review prior orders of the court in your case) I will suggest you arrange a consultation with me either by phone or in person.

If a consultation is required, the cost is $50.00 for one-half hour and can be arranged at my office phone number. Your use of this page does not obligate you to arrange a consultation with me at all.

Finally, the question that will be answered for you will pertain to the laws of the State of California only and as to the courts in Southern California in particular. I am licensed to practice law in California only. I will not answer legal questions pertaining to other states.

You should also know that the divorce laws of one state will likely not help you at all in another state. In fact, your problem could be substantially compromised if you try to use this page to solve a problem in a state other than California.

If your question really only pertains to the divorce laws of say, New York, and you try to disguise your case as one in California, the answer you get will not only be wrong, but if you try to use the information provided, you may actually hurt your case and hence yourself; that only helps your X or soon-to-be X-spouse.

Why do that? You will be wise to seek advice pertaining to a divorce or custody problem in your own state from an attorney licensed to practice there.

Client Questionaire

I would very much like to provide you with an answer to one family law question ... free of charge. Please let me help you out by filling out this form and sending it. Upon recieving your family law question, I will promptly mail or e-mail my response to you.

Nick Name to Remain Anonymous

Nick Name :

Optional Personal Information

Your Name:          
Phone Number:       

Your Monthly Gross Income (Optional)      
Spouse's Monthly Gross Income (Optional)  

Required Information

Your Email Address: Length of Marriage? : Less than 5 years : 5 - 10 years : 10 - 20 years : Greater than 20 years
Number of minor children:?

: None
: 1
: 2
: 3
: 4 or more
If there are minor children, who has custody and where ?

: Me
: My spouse

State of custody (e.g. CA, AZ) ? 
Are you buying a house ?

: Yes
: No
Do you or your spouse own a business ?

: Me
: My spouse
: Both of us
: Neither of us
What is the status of your divorce ?

: Not filed yet
: Filed but no judgment yet
: Judgment has been entered

Please enter the county in California in which your case was

In the box below, please tell me about your family law problem
and then ask me your family law question.

Home Page Welcome Confidentiality Other Web Resources

How to Contact me ...

Michael Harlin 18051 Irvine Blvd Tustin, CA 92780

Phone : 714-541-5900
Internet :